As ever things are slightly different to expectations. The general guide to this treatment quoted this morning is modified here in Nottingham.
- The procedure itself will start at 4pm and not 3pm as originally written.
- I will be given Piriton and Hydrocortisone to prevent any allergic reaction to the DMSO
- The stem cells will be thawed before being brought up to the room
- They will be delivered by drip not injection and the rate will vary depending on how much I can take.
- There are 5 bags to deliver and because of this I will have 5 today and 2 tomorrow morning – so the procedure will take longer than anticipated. They originally thought there were only 2 bags!
- I will be continually monitored by the nurse for temperature, back ache, dry / sore throat. Observations will be taken throughout.
- I have been given more diuretic medicine to remove more water from my body.